Wednesday, May 5, 2010

So I tried to shoot you guys a quick post last night and for some reason I didn't save my cards appropriately for the "web" and so I couldn't do it and I fussed with it until finally my brain hurt. So tonight I thought I'd show you 2 cards - same card but one is for Mother's Day and the other is for Father's Day. How's that for a bonus!!


I really like that woodgrain background stamp from Stampin'Up. It is very versatile - I just didn't stamp it as dark for the female version of the card. For the scallop on the bottom of the Mother's Day card I used the scallop punch on both sides of your piece of cardstock. I used a 1" circle punch and the smaller oval punch for the trees. And for the bashful blue oval behind the trees, I cut that out using my coluzzle. For the branches inside the trees, I took the branch stamp from "Trendy Trees" and inked it with a marker - being careful not to get the trunk inked, and then (of course using the stamp positioner) I stamped it twice on the paper and then punched it out I just cut out 2 little trunks using craft cardstock. Actually, little tip to make it more natural, I took a choc chip marker and freehand, drew 2 little thin lines and then cut on each side to make the trunks. I used the smallest oval punch #10 in the catalog for the grass and drew 2 little upsidedown smiles to make it look like the trunk is in the ground. So 2 exact cards - just with different colors. I hope I inspired you. Thanks for looking.

Don't forget, click on the picture, then hold ctrl key down and scroll w/your mouse to zoom in and see the details of each of these cards.

No comments: